We are pleased to announce the successful launch of the ERKNet Postgraduate Curriculum on January 1st, 2021. This first formalized educational programme offered by an ERN received overwhelmingly positive feedback. A total of 231 motivated students from 59 ERKNet healthcare providers in 22 EU countries have enrolled to the programme.
The ERKNet Postgraduate Curriculum is a structured 3-year online programme consisting of webinars and case-based eLearning covering the whole spectrum of rare kidney diseases. The webinars are presented twice a month by outstanding paediatric or adult nephrologists, nephropathologists and geneticists. Additionally, we offer eLearning cases that present scenarios of patients with rare kidney diseases, allowing the students to establish a diagnosis and choose appropriate therapeutic strategies.
The training programme targets post-graduate physicians who wish to become certified European experts in rare kidney diseases. Physicians who complete the educational program and confirm sufficient clinical activity in the field of rare kidney diseases will be recognized by a Certificate as “Rare Kidney Disease Specialist”.
- Employee of an ERKNet Member of Affiliated Partner centre, or at a centre currently applying for ERKNet membership
- Postgraduate trainee in internal medicine/pediatrics, or
- Postgraduate trainee in nephrology or pediatric nephrology, or
- Nephrologist or pediatric nephrologist, or geneticist
Certificate qualifying criteria:
- Attendance to at least 80% of all ERKNet Webinars within a three year period (minimum 48 Webinars)
- >75% correct answers in Webinar-related questions
- Processing of at least 80% of all eLearning cases (minimum 30 cases)
- > 75% correctly answered case questions
- Submitted portfolio confirming 2 years clinical activity in the field of rare kidney diseases
Please note that it will again be possible to register for the Curriculum from October to December 2021 through the ERKNet website.
In case of any questions please contact us at email@example.com.