Enrico Eugenio Verrina
Enrico Eugenio Verrina, M.D. (born in Genoa, Italy, 21/09/1956) is a paediatric nephrologist and Head of the Dialysis Unit, Department of Paediatrics, Gaslini Children’s Hospital, Genoa, Italy.
Graduation "cum laude" in Medicine (1982), board in Paediatrics (1986), board in Nephrology at Medical School, University of Genoa, Italy
Main professional and research activities:
- Coordinator of “Italian Registry of Paediatric Chronic Dialysis”.
- Chairman of Renal Child Foundation, a no-profit association whose mission is to promote and support scientific research in the field of paediatric nephrology.
- Lecturer of Nephrology, Registered Nurse Bachelor Course, Medical School, University of Genoa, Italy.
- Vice-chairman (2006-2009) and chairman (2009-2012) of the ESPN/ERA-EDTA Registry for children on renal replacement therapy.
- Member of the ISPD Advisory Committee on Peritonitis Management in Paediatric Patients, and co-author of 2000 and 2012 editions of “Consensus guidelines for the prevention and treatment of catheter-related infections and peritonitis in pediatric patients receiving peritoneal dialysis”.
- Member of the Council (2007-2009), chairman (2009-2012), and member of the Scientific Board (2017- present) of the Italian Society for Paediatric Nephrology .
- Member of the scientific board of the “Dialysis Working Group” of the “European Society for Paediatric Nephrology” (2013-2019).
- Section Editor for “Dialysis” of Pediatric Nephrology, journal of the International Paediatric Nephrology Association, and reviewer for: Peritoneal Dialysis International, Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, European Journal of Pediatrics, and Blood Purification.
- Member of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee at Gaslini Children’s Hospital, Genoa, Italy (2018-present).
- Author of 134 papers published on scientific journals included in “Index Medicus" and of 8 chapters of books on paediatric or nephrology issues.
- H-index (ISI-Web of Science): 28.
Main field of interest: Chronic Kidney Disease; CKD-Mineral Bone Disease; Growth and Nutrition; Peritoneal Dialysis; Hemodialysis; Continuous Renal Replacement Therapies; Dialysis Adequacy; Acute Kidney Injury; Renal Transplantation; Epidemiology.
« Back to previous page